Co-prescribing with GIT Medications
Gastrointestinal disorders are prevalent with many people presenting to both orthodox and complementary medicine practitioners for assessment and advice.
In this webinar Beth will provide a clinically driven model for improving patient outcomes, highlighting both nutrition and lifestyle strategies as co-medication to support the management of primary and secondary GIT disorders.
The model consists of:
- The evaluation and prescription of movement and fibre to support better clinical outcomes; enhance medication effectiveness and reduce adverse effects.
- The assessment of gastric acid and pH production to evaluate digestion and absorption and the resulting potential nutritional deficiencies.
- Using GERD as an example, assessing potential nutrient deficiencies arising from the long-term use of medication for GERD.
Materials available include:
- Video Recordings
- Audio Recordings
- Digital Notes and Resources
- CPE Certificate of Attendance (1.5 Contact Hours)