Allergies: Harmless to Hostile
More than 4 million Australians suffer with allergic conditions, standard management of which has many limitations, as it is primarily focused on symptom management and poses potential side effects.
Allergic disorders such as atopic dermatitis, allergic rhinitis, asthma, hives, anaphylaxis and food allergies, arise from disturbances to the delicate balance of the immune landscape. A myriad of underlying factors ranging from genetics, the external environment and inflammation through to infection, may act as initial triggers for sensitisation and subsequent drivers of the allergic response. Management of allergies is therefore complex and must address a multitude of factors.
This live stream seminar brings together practitioners who will guide you through an understanding of the immunology that underlies allergies. They will review the latest evidence to support the prescription of key herbs and nutrients, whilst taking into consideration their traditional use.
- Session 1: Nature or Nurture? A Systematic Approach to Atopic Immunology. Presented by Dr Shelley Cavezza
- Session 2: Complexities of the GIT-Microbiome-Immune Axis in Allergies. Presented by Teneille Newton
- Session 3: The Allergic Patient: Naturopathic Clinical Management. Presented by Keonie Moore
Materials available include:
- Video Recordings
- Audio Recordings
- Digital Notes and Resources
- CPE Certificate of Attendance (5 Contact Hours)